Need help with speaker placement. How crucial is center speaker placement?

Username: Hdaveearl

Post Number: 7
I'm trying to come up with the best placement for the room I have. My problem is I have a rectangular room. My TV is tucked into the far corner and the seating area is along the back Long wall of the rectangle. If I mount my speakers on the other long wall facing the seating area, the center speaker will not be centered it will be underneath the left front speaker. I would then place the rear surrounds on either end of the seating area facing each other which would have the speakers slightly above the listener's head. The only other way I can think of would be to mount the front speakers, on either side of the television on opposites sides of the corner this would allow the center speaker to be in the center but would make placement of the rear surrounds difficult and unsightly. Any suggestions? My very UNEDUCATED thoughts are that if the center speaker mainly carries the dialog, that it would not be 100% a neccessity to center it between the main front speakers. I would think that centering the main front speakers to the listening area would be of more importance.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts or suggestions.

Blah
Unregistered guest
Well. That sounds like you might be happier without a center channel. Did you ever try using the surround option without the center speaker?

Username: James_s

Post Number: 2
dependig on what you are running for a receiver, you may not be able to simply turn off the center channel, my friend tried that and his rears wouldn't work without the center... I would give it a try anyways, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us