Polk audio with pio 1014

Silver Member
Username: Rkvfire

Vancouver, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 135
hey there, im gonna get my dad some new speakers for christmas. He has the 1014, paired with jbl, so im gonna get him new speakers to fit beside his tv, the jbl's are too fat. im lookin at the polk audio floorstanders... cant remember the model num. their about $1100. are these good paired with the 1014? any other "skinny" speaker suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 912
In the Polk line I'm guessing you are thinking of the RTi line. At least I would advise you to. Stay away from the Monitor line at Circuit City as the RTi line uses better drivers. Take a look at the Rti8 and RTi10. Both will go well with your Dad's receiver. I would think the RTi8 would do just fine. Take a look at them on the Polk website for more info. Good luck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
ok thanx man.. ive heard totem acoustics are pretty killer. their skinny too, fit nicely beside the tv.. i dont think the 1014 would power them or sound good.. what u think?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 913
Can't give you an honest answer as I have never had a Totem dealer anywhere near me so have never heard them. If it's raw power you are worried about the 1014 has plenty but I can't say if it matches well with Totem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
maybe ill give it a try.. who knows. can always take it back.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 120
The A&B here in Victoria carries Energy and Totem audio. Both are great speakers. The Totem Arros are simply beautiful.

http://www.totemacoustic.com/english/products/floorStanding_arro.htm

3 good choices

1) Polk Rti 8/10
2) Energy Connoisseur C5/C7
3) Totem Arro

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
see i look at the totems and it says 4ohms. the 1014 is minimum of 8ohms. any concern there? i think ill test out the polks or the energy. thanx guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us