AVR-430 Problem need help!!!

Username: Scotty84

Post Number: 1
Just bought an AVR 430. I hooked it up yesterday afternoon and it seemed to work fine. Turned it on this morning and it runs for anywhere from 5-20 seconds then goes back to standby. I unplugged it for about 5-10 minutes. Still not working. Used the reset as listed in the troubleshooting guide. No dice. Anybody else see this problem. I am thinking a return is in the making. :-(

Thanks,

Scott

mizzmo
Unregistered guest
Read this all you need to know: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/107701.html

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 106
Try unplugging all speaker wire from the unit, and turn up the volume. If it still shuts down take it back, if not check all the speaker wire connections, it will shut down if there's a short in any of the wire connections, make sure there's no copper on copper connections between the - and + around binding posts at the receiver and speaker ends. Make sure your speaker wires aren't touching any power cables. After checking everything is connected properly, plug in each speaker one at a time and test the unit. It's possible a speaker is shorting out.

Username: Scotty84

Post Number: 2
Well, I sent it back. B&H Photo Video has very nice customer service and will excahnge it for me. Now all I have to do is survive a couple of weeks with no surround. :-)

Thanks for the input.

Scott
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us