Connect Logitech Computer Speakers to Pioneer VSX-D412 AV Reciever

Username: Geeker

Post Number: 1
Hellow Audiophiles,

I am wanting to know how I could do the following.
I have the Logitech Z-640 speaker where all the small ones go to the sub and then I get three little connectors that are green, orange and black.

My reciever is the Pioneer VSX-412 and it seems it wants speakers that use speaker wire.

I love these speakers and want to keep using them!
currently I plug them in, with an RCA adapter so my dvd player uses them then I unplug them to put on my computer/laptop or ipod. I would liek to not have to move the cables so much and would liek to use my speaker to actually hear the radio!

Very gratitious for suggestions.
Giz

Unregistered guest
after 14 months, my Z680 dropped dead on the right side. so i bought a $1000 onkyo tx-nr801, and wired all my Z680 speakers to it, boy, it sounds nearly perfect for movies, it close to some few thousand dollars system, whereas for music, it is very good to excellent. Trick= use monster bananas for the connection to receiver, and radio shack, spades for connector to the speakers, change the wires to monster 17 to 19 G, as use $80 monster ultra 1000 THX for subwoofer cable, buy a RCA to miniplug gold adaper=$3, and plug it to the subwoofer miniplug input in the pod of Z680, don't use the $20 monster THX sub cable, first my onkyo makes the sub tighter, then the monster $80 makes it even tighter, now set the crossover to 80Hz since this is the official cutting point for THX certified sub. By now, i have a $1000 receiver with close to $150 cable and wires driving $20 speakers, and $100 sub from logitech,(see, paid $300 for Z680== the cost breakdown should be 100 for its pre-amp/amp, 100 for speakers, 100 for sub). did i mention i had to buy $60 x2 for 2 pairs of sanus speaker swan neck stand, now the set look better than Bose AM 15.Result= it sounds like few thousand dollars system in the store.even better than the Bose 15 i audit. amazing. all my friends agree that there is no point to change to a more expensive speakers, this works. Maybe logitech should pair up with onkyo to sell this as HTIB. (i have to set the volume limit cut off at 85%, since the RMS of each speaker is 62-69, onkyo rates itself at 100 watts but unclear if it is RMS or burst rate, when i turn vol up to 80-85%, the loudness is equivalent to the max of my Z680, but my ears can only tolerate the volume between 65 to 75 %anyway, by 75 the street neighbors will call police.my set up is stupidly and functionally cool. have fun
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us