Musical Fidelity X-150

Bronze Member
Username: Scout

Post Number: 28
Any thoughts on this Amp, I auditioned it today and was very impressed, I geuss I would like to know if anyone has experience with the product, build quality, service etc. or the X Ray cd. The speakers were the Quad 12L's man I was amazed by the detail on an old Billy Holliday tune.. The sax was out of this world. I went in to purchase a TT today and now I want to go back tomorrow and buy this amp.

Username: Wigglyman

Post Number: 3
I'm very interested in this compact amp/cd player combination as well but have been unable to locate a local dealer to demo them. I know they are a highly regarded British make and they made the Absolute Sound's Editor's Choice Awards.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Well I now have it at home, I hooked it up to some QED Biwire speaker cable, and a qunex 2 RCA cable, the Speakers are just older Polk Audio monitors the source is Pioneer Elite CD.....WOW!
I can't get over the improvement I can't wait to add the Quad 12L's, X Ray v3 CD, The headphone Can, tube buffer and Turntable. I am going with the VPI Scout. I will probably add the MF phono stage as well, as I hear the one in the X-150 is not suitable for the better TT's. It may take some time but I am very impressed.

Username: Wigglyman

Post Number: 4
Frank...what other integrated amps did you consider before going with the X-150? And how much did you get it for? I know it was about $1000 several months ago but the declining dollar has put it out of my range. I will probably go with the Rotel RA-1062.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I looked at the Rega, Creek, Nad, Simaudio, and Bryston. I think value for money the X-150 is the way to go, it has a built in phono stage that will suffice a modest TT with MM cart. To give an example of the sound, my HT amp is the HK AVR8000, this is a Flagship Amp that retailed for around $3,000.00 I listen at around -25db, with the MF X-150, running smaller Polks, I listen at around -54db, the power is clean, clear, and there. The HK is 115 watts per channel the MF is 75 watts per channel. As far as the music, the HK does not even come close.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us