Stereo to Mono.....Please help.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to drive one speaker off of the "B" speaker set on my amplifierIn other words, I would like to bridge the "B" speaker outputs (left and right) so I can drive one speaker with both signals. Does anyone know what my options are? I figure that if I just do it I'll end up frying to amp. Please help.

Thanks,
Eric

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Insert a stereo to mono transformer before the speaker. Available at any good electronic supply house.

Unregistered guest
Thank you so much for the prompt feedback. Just out of curiosity, would you happen to know what would happen if I just bridged them? I would think that the speaker would just receive twice the power, or would it actually fry the amp?

Unregistered guest
And here's another thought. If I need a device to combine the left and right into a mono output, how come a device isn't required to combine the left and right for headphones (a simple $2 device is available that converts a stereo headphone jack to a mono one). Any thoughts from anyone?

Eric

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Undoubtedly, the latter.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Are you questioning the need for a transformer? You have little faith, I see.
Take the simple headphone device apart and you will find a transformer of some type inside. A S to M transformer isn't very expensive. It will vary with the wattage require. Headphones run very low wattage.

Unregistered guest
Sorry, being an engineer I am always inquisitive. And that explains it, thank you so much for the clarification.

Take care,

Eric
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us