Quad L series vs Kef Q series

Username: Jazzman

IstanbulTURKEY

Post Number: 7
Hello guys, i am building a new HT in my house 60% music 40% movies i was pretty much set on the speaker choice but somebody talked me out of it. Ý was set on buying the Quad L series 12L & 11L's + the L center, but a friend of mine talked me out of it he is getting the distributorship of Kef Speakers in Turkey and he told me wait. he is probably going to suggest me the Kef Q7 for the fronts the Q9center along with Q1 for the rear am i doing the right thing on postponing my buy which one would you favor i, really would appreciate the help.

Best Regards

Kerim

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 973
Depends on the price. The KEF Q-series is nowhere near the quality of the Quad L's. The Q's have good uniformity in multichannel, but they also have low build quality and the sound is not great.

IstanbulTURKEY

Post Number: 8
Thanks landroval well the price will be similr to the quad's i assume thus i will get a good deal on both them since i know the distirbutor of both brands in turkey. One of the other issue is the size of my living room my living room is a perfect rectangle around 40m2 my listening area however will be around 20m2 sourrounded by 3 walls and an open side leading to the other half of the living room where the dining table is, the same guy who told me to wait for the Kef's kinda said that the quad's might not be strong enough for the space is that true ?

From what i can understand you seem to favor the Quad's over the Kef.? is that true ?

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 216
Kerim

If he's a friend it might be worth waiting and comparing the two makes. If you can't compare, I'd agree with landroval and choose the Quads over the Kefs, for much the same reasons.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Onimushalord

Post Number: 11
I would go with the Quads any day but test them out yourself as you'll be the one listening to them day in day out
The Quads have a limited Ebony finish out for the standmounts 12/11Ls. Check them out

Cheers

IstanbulTURKEY

Post Number: 9
Thanks onimushalord:-) i know about the ebony ones i actuall ordered a pari of 12 L and 11 L's with option to buy the dealer told me that since he promised me he would hold on to those for a month or so, the time for me to make up my mind i was sincere with him and told him that i wanted to compare them side by side with the kef's.
I guess he feels pretty confident about his merchandise. Have you actually seen them on ebony finsih do you know anywhere where i can find a picture ? there was an add on one of the latest What Hi-Fi magazine but it was a small picture and from the front only ?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 974
http://www.wohnraumakustik.de/shop/images/Quad%2011L%20Ebony.jpg

IstanbulTURKEY

Post Number: 10
thanks a lot landroval it looks beautifull

Qool
Unregistered guest
Anyone who knows any review for the Quad 21L besides the one in Goodsound.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »