HK 7200 refurb $750 free shipping IYI

Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 29
ecost.com

Anonymous

Thanks for the lead. My choices are Ecost (refurb & not listed on HK's site as an authorized reseller)$750 or $899 plus shipping(new) from an authorized reseller. I have to decide if the savings of $150+ is worth the warranty issues.

In addition, a year ago I bought a refurbished computer from Ecost (90 days warranty). Seven months later it malfunctioned and I then found out that "refurbish"-in that case-meant using cellotape to hold in place the CMOS battery. I was amazed that the tape did not become loose during shipping.

Cannot blame Ecost; just the concept of refurbish with all its unknown variables.

Username: Medpilot

Post Number: 2
True HK doesn't list Ecost as an authorized dealer on their webpage, but if you look on the Ecost website is says HK authorized.

Looks like I'll have to shoot them an email.

Username: Ncavman

Post Number: 22
HK AVR7200 brand NEW $899 onecall.com Authorized HK dealer.
http://www.onecall.com/PRO_AVR7200.htm?PMNID=386

There is a $50 rebate until 1/31/04

Post Number: 3
Just got an email back from Ecost and they say they are an authorized dealer.

Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 119
Dustin: now send an e-mail to H/K and ask if eCost is an authorized dealer. Better safe, than sorry. As AV Man has written, OneCall has a $50 rebate, so the H/K is $849 from a reputable dealer that IS listed on H/K's site as an authorized dealer. ;)

Post Number: 4
geekboy:

Good idea, I'm on it. Buying from ecost would be a savings of $82.95 after the rebate from onecall. so It's worth checking up on it.

mike f
Unregistered guest
why is the 7200 selling for less than half list? i am a believer in the golden rule "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" - so what gives? also being skeptical, in ny the only hk dealers are the mass mkt guys like circuit city and compusa - whereas denon, marantz, integra, etc are at audio specialty stores. any reason for that?

Post Number: 25
Mike - I believe the 7200 is considered 'old' now as it was a 2003 model and the '04 HK models are out... like the Digital Path AVRs and the AVR630 and so on.

Anything under $1200 is a great price IMO. New for under $900, from authorized dealers, is an absolute steal.

Username: Basfrommobay

Post Number: 5
Mike F

Both J&R Audio and BH Photo in Manhattan have the 7200 for $999. 6thAVE Electronics in New Jersey have it for $919 including shipping. The HK 7300 will be released shortly. I expect the list price will be appx $2500 and street price at $17-1999.

I am certain that 6th AVE and J&R are authorized dealers. Check the HK web site.

NC AV Man;

What is the date of manufacture for your unit?
I bought a 7200 that was back-ordered since Xmas.
It came last week and I noticed that it was manufactured in March 2003. I got a little concerned wondering if I got an older model and if there were subsequent software upgrades.

Post Number: 6
Okay guys here's an email I got from H/K this morning concerning Ecost being an authorized dealer.

"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Here is a list of our on line authorized
dealers for Harman Kardon:

Amazon www.amazon.com
Circuit City www.circuitcity.com
Crutchfield www.crutchfield.com
J&R Music & Computer World www.jandr.com
One Call www.onecall.com
Sound City www.soundcity.com
Stereo Advantage www.stereoadvantage.com
UBid Refurbished www.ubid.com
Vann's www.vanns.com
QVC www.iqvc.com
PCMall www.pcmall.com

Sincerely,
Jamie
Parts Department"

So I guess Ecost is lying about being an authorized dealer.

BTW I just ordered my 7200 from onecall this morning, should arrive Thurs. I can't believe they open up at 6am every morning.

Post Number: 27
Hi Ian,
Mine is also a 3/03 date and was purchased new in December. So far I have not run into anyone with a newer one than 5/03. I am not aware of a firmware difference nor any issues at all with the original firmware. But I will continue to look around to be sure. What speakers are you using with it?

Dustin,
Would like to hear what speakers you will use with your AVR and what your opinion is about it once you listen for a while.

Username: Basfrommobay

Post Number: 6
NC AV Man;

I have JBL S310iiCH front speakers. I am looking at the Infinity Alpha 40 or JBL e60 for the rear/side/second room.
The infinity are now discontinued so they should shortly be available for less than $450/pair.

Since your 7200 is also "old" I am more comfortable. I guess the units that came on the market in the past 3 months came from the "back of the warehouse".

Dustin;
PC Mall and Ecost appear to be related companies. They have the same address, have the items in
or out of stock, at the same time. PC Mall often has higher prices but lower shipping costs. When you find an item compare their total costs.

Post Number: 7
NC AV Man:
I'm still building my system. I haven't made any kind of decisions as to what I'm going to run. Axiom, Infinity, JBL, Klipsch and maybe even the high end Sony are catching my eye.

Ian:
Thanks for the tip on PC Mall. I do believe you are correct.

Username: Kida

Post Number: 3
Dustin, I purchased the 7200 from onecall and my experience was excellent.

NCAVMan, I have a question about the component switching on the 7200. Sattellite is set to Input 4 which is on the front of the receiver. I would rather use a back input. Is there a way to put in the sattelite code for an input other than 4 so the remote controls the sattelite from input 3 (cable)? Why does assign names to each input rather than making it configureable?

Post Number: 28
Ian, That sounds nice. I have heard the 310's but not th e60's. The Alpha's, to my ears, sound terrific.

Post Number: 29
KidA,

Yes you can do that two or three ways. Inputs and remote commands are configurable. Forget that the remote says 'Cable' just refer to it as Vid3. Are you using S-video for Sat?

First, go see manual page 40 'Changing Devices'. This will allow you to change Vid3 to Satellite devices instead of cable. That should take care of it. You can just hook your Sat into Vid3. Then when you press Vid3, your Sat signal will be displayed and the remote will now be in Sat mode to control your Sat box.

Another way is to program a 'Cable' device (vid 3) but enter the codes for your Sat device. Or you can also use the Learning feature to program a 'cable' device by learning your Sat commands.(see p.38,39) Once you have that working, use the Rename feature to rename the input in the remote display(p.45)

Lastly, as an option, you can use M1,2,3 or 4 to create a Macro. You could set it up so pressing it causes, Sat power On, select Vid3, select Logic 7, etc.

Hope that helps...

Username: Kida

Post Number: 4
Thanks NC AV Man. I guess I should have RTFM before I posted.

Post Number: 31
Hehehe actually KidA, your post made me read that device-change part of the manual for the first time. I had not read through that part yet... haven't had a need for that just yet. So thanks for making me learn something new.

I have been experimenting with side surrounds, stereo rears, and a single mono rear with various sources. Nice to have the versatility.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us