ROTEL OR CAMBRIDGE AUDIO

Bronze Member
Username: Levike

Cathedral City, California USA

Post Number: 14
I have B&W 601 speakers and a Definitive Technology 10 inch subwoofer. I need to know which would be the best for my B&W's?
ROTEL or Cambridge. I am also using a Denon DCM-380 cd player which is alright. I need to replace my Harman Kardon with Rotel or Cambridge I just don't know which would be the best.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks

L'Wood
Unregistered guest
Well, having spent the last month on a similar search I'll give you some 'thoughts from a Midwestern man'...Rotel's we're a little bright for me, but a good product...Cambridge estetically (sp) was the most pleaseing, but I just couldn't see more cash for that aspect...I ended up with NAD C320BEE - a great deal from Saturday Audio, so it was almost $300 less than the Cambridge...I'm driving Monitor Audio S2's, and after break-in time, for a change, it even sounds better than it did in the store! It seems that NAD A/V receivers have a 'noise or hiss' problem, but none has been evident with this amp.

nout
Unregistered guest
Why do you need to replace your Harman Kardon amp?
Because you miss something in the sound? and if so what do you miss?
It all comes down to what you're looking for, soundwise.
The Rotel (I think L 'Wood means the Rotel RA-01) is indeed a bit bright sounding, but also very transparant and clean.
The NAD is warmer sounding.
I haven't heard Cambridge though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us