New speakers under USD 600 & Warranty on Online purchases

Username: Pkumbnani

Post Number: 2
I am interested in purchasing home theater speaker package and my budget is 700 dollars for the speakers and subwoofer. Any suggestions. I have a Yamaha HTR 5650 receiver.

Also I am told that there is no company warranty for purchases made on the web. I would really appreciate more information on this aspect.

Jim Mittica
Unregistered guest
Praveen,

I can't help you with speaker suggestions; I'm just not knowledgeable enough about all of what's out there.

With respect to your other question, I don't think one can make a blanket statement that if one purchases speakers online, there is no warranty. All companies who are considered to be primarily online companies, e.g., Axiom, offer warranties on their products that they sell on the web. On the other hand, many companies who sell their products through "brick and mortar" stores, limit the products they warranty to those purchased at those particular stores. However, many of those same companies do enter into agreements with selected online sellers who will market their products with the standard warranty. A prime example is Denon (not a speaker company) -- they have three or four online sellers (Crutchfield, ListenUp, etc.) who are allowed to sell their products and offer a Denon warranty. Usually you can find each manufacturer's policy regarding their warranties for their products sold online at their (the manufacturers') websites.

I hope this wasn't too confusing. If there is someone else out there who can help Praveen out be explaining it better, by all means give it a shot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us