Yamaha/Denon/Marantz/Elite Receiver Decision - now Cable Connections?

Username: Movies_only

Post Number: 8
thanx for all the advice on speaker/receiver combinations. (therealelitefan, you may be pleased to hear that i've decided to get the elite 54tx with the klipsch ref 25 spkrs - 5.1) should be a great combo.
what i am now confused about and perhaps someone can help me, is how best to connect dvd to receiver to hdtv (sammy 5685 with hdmi input). i assume the best connection is hdmi - does the elite 54tx have an hdmi output or perhaps a dvi output that i can use a dvi/hdmi cable with? if someone can outline the best connection method for dvd player to receiver to hdtv i'd be grateful. also, which types/brands of cable is best for video & sound quality and yet cost efficient? is it really necessary to pony up the big bucks for all monster stuff? many thanks

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 851
The 54 does not have HDMI or DVI outputs so use component cables. You have to decide if you want to run your video through the receiver or direct to the tv. If your tv has enough inputs I would run the dvd direct with component cables and use a s-video cable for the on screen menus. For a good component cable set at a good price see the Phoenix Gold 500 series from Crutchfield. Very nice cables and very affordable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us