B&W, Linn or Energy

Username: Stebbo

Post Number: 2
I have narrowed my search to the following bookshelf speakers: B&W 705, Linn Katan and Energy Veritas 2.2i. I plan on using the REL Stratta III as the sub. All sound great. Overall, service is best with B&W, then Linn and lastly Energy. Any suggestions?

perato
Unregistered guest
I have B&W 705 speakers as front mains. Depending on your location, it might take a long time (6 weeks or more) to get B&W 700 series speakers because the B&W plant in Britain is having trouble manufacturing the speakers. Some dealers might have them in stock if you are lucky. BTW, don't pay list price (list price for B&W 705 speakers is $1500US per pair, see B&W's website for the list price in English pounds). You should try asking the dealer for at least an 8% discount, maybe more if you are bold.

I like these speakers. I use them with an Onkyo TX-SR701 receiver. They have a slight sibilance sometimes but that is probably due to the room. Some reviewers do think that B&W speakers sound bright. I wouldn't go quite that far. If you like bass, then you should try other speakers. As with all bookshelf speakers, B&W 705 speakers do not have much bass. But among bookshelf speakers, B&W 705 speakers do not have the strongest bass. Since you have a subwoofer, it should not be much of a problem though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us