Help with Denon AVR-1804

Username: Habes99

Post Number: 1
I have my hd-capable tv (digital cable) and my xbox hooked up through the Denon AVR-1804 receiver, and I am looking forward to hearing the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound... however, even when I have a DVD or Xbox game in the xbox that is capable of producing Dolby Digital sound, I think the receiver is outputting in analog mode. When the receiver is in the Dolby/DTS Surround mode, 'analog' is lit up on the display screen, so I assume that I am not really hearing the digital sound that the receiver is capable of putting out.

I would appreciate any help in enabling me to get the full benefit of the digital surround sound capabilities of this receiver.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 476
Thomas,

I don't know too much about the specific functions of this receiver, but let me see if I can help.

First of all, I assume that you are using an optical cable to hook your X-box up to the receiver? If not, there is your problem. Also, you have to make sure that your X-box is outuptting in digital. To do this, through the X-Box setup menu, choose "settings", then choose "audio". Under the "audio mode" tab, be sure that "dolby surround" is choosen. Then, make sure that Dolby Digital is "enabled".

Try those things and see if they work. If not, let us know and we can go from there.

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 72
Also, for DVDs make sure Dolby Digital and DTS are set to "bitstream" vs. "PCM" in the DVD player's setup menus.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us