Electrical Guru Needed!!!

Username: Anti_crombie

WA USA

Post Number: 1
OK, here is the deal.

I am putting together a stereo system for my 2004 Honda Civic LX. I'll be running 3 Alpine amps ( Alpine MRV-T420 X 2 & Alpine MRD-M1000 X 1 ) which will be powering 2 sets of alpine component speakers ( Alpine SPX-F17T X 1 & Alpine SPX-137A X 1) and a sealed tri-face plexi-glass box with 3 Alpine SWR-1241D DVC subs which are wired to run at 1 Ohm. I was thinking about maybe entering a beginner car audio competitions some time next spring.

I Just went down to buy a blue top optima battery from a local auto electric shop a few days ago and while I was there I was hounded by them about how my car would not be able to power my 3000 watt max system. They claimed that i would need more than the rechargeable optima battery and the 40 Farad competition capacitor that I purchased to handle the power strain. Ive read many things and even experinced what can happen if you dont do thing right when trying to power a system in my old car (fried my alternator).

Their suggestion was to either A.) Put in a New alternator with higher amps, B.) wire the battery optima battery in my trunk, leave the current battery under the hood and run a second line from the alternator back to my second battery and use a power solenoid (to prevent the starter battery from being drained and alternator being stressed.. not sure how that works??) or C.) which i saw on ( http://www.caraudiomag.com/technical/0206cae_alternator/index.html )which would be add a second alternator in with the first and run a totally seperate power system specifically for the stereo system.

Here is the big brick wall... I have a bumper-to-bumper warranty on my car for 6yr/60k miles. It covers the engine, transmission, ELECTRICAL, etc. If i replace or remove the alternator it voids the warranty for the ENTIRE electrical system. Not good.

If you have a thorough knowledge of car electrical systems please, by all means speak!

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 614
This is Home Audio - Go to Car Audio where there may be someone who can help!

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1403
mr. rantz is correct. so many people post car audio questions in home audio!

you will have much better luck in car audio section!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us