AUGH! Sony STR-DE545 receiver w/DVD jukebox givin' me fits!

We just moved and I can't get full sound from this thing while trying to re-hook it up. 5.1 setup doesn't seem to work (at least, not in the rear speakers, and I can't for the life of me get anything with digital optical or the S cable.

We getta great picture. lol...

Any ideas on where I can get help in hooking up audio for this thing?

Thanks...

Dawson

Anonymous
I too am having trouble with my Sony STR-DE545. I can't get the optical cable working for Surround Sound coming from my DVD. I also get a UNLOCK message on the display. Are these related? Where can I turn for help?? Nothing in the manual about either of these conditions.

Anonymous
When I first hooked up my LG 4750S DVD player to my Sony STR-DE545 with an optical cable, I got Dolby Digital 5.1 sound right away and it was great! When I chose DTS sound in the audio setup menu on my "Gladiator" disc, it got completely mute, though. So I read the manuals again, and it was the digital output from the DVD player that was set to "Dolby Digital/PCM" that I had to change to "Stream/PCM". Now it changes automatically between Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 depending what I choose on the DVD disc. My advice is, try to alter the settings for "digital out" in the audio setup menu of your DVD player to "stream" or anything similar. It may also be that you first have to activate the digital output at all in some menu. (Or check your connection again. The optical cable needs a distinct "click" to be properly connected...) And DTS really sounds astonishing!

Anonymous
Thanks!!!! That worked!! Only had to change an option on the DVD player - just like you said! It sounds GREAT! I don't know what I would have done without you! Thanks again!!!

Anonymous
I too am having the problem with my sony STR-De545, the problem of "UNLOCK" coming up on display and the sound disappears. Could anyone help? Richard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us