NAD C-270 Clipping @ -45 db ?????

Ramses
Unregistered guest
Hello All,
Quick question.....I have a NAD C-270 connected to my P.E. 53....Since I recently moved to a new house my system has been "unplugged" for about three weeks. When I hooked it back up yesterday the Amp keeps "clipping" at -45 db...Is it just a case where I just have to leave it on for sometime before using it?

Thanks a lot!

Username: Rjw1138

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 6
What makes you say it's clipping? Tell us exactly what's happening.

Ramses
Unregistered guest
If I turn the volume on higher than - 45 db the Amp shuts off by itself but at a lower volume it stays on. I did this like 4 or 5 times and the result was the same.

Thanks !

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 7
OK, that's not clipping. Clipping is when your power demands exceed your amplifier's ability and it starts distorting the output waveform. This occurs at very high volume levels, and is characterized by a harsh, unpleasant distortion sound.

What you're experiencing is your amplifier going into protection and shutting itself off to protect itself from damage. This occurs when something very bad is happening regarding the load on your amplifier.

There is most likely (99% chance) a problem with your wiring job to your speakers. You may have a short (a wire or strand of wire touching another one), or an improper impedance setup.

You have to check all your speaker wire connections, at the back of your amplifier, and at your speakers. Something obviously got wired incorrectly when you set up in your new place.

The other 1% chance is that your amplifier has a problem and needs to be serviced. My money is not on this option.

Ramses
Unregistered guest
Thanks a lot. I will verify that all connections are done properly.

I appreciate it !

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 8
No problem!

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 9
So, what'd ya find out?

Ramses
Unregistered guest
OH Sorry....I will have to do it after work.
Regards
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us