Mirage OM-200 Opinions.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 73
I got a gread deal on a mirage om-200 demo from tweeter. Originally, I was looking for a sub that was very good for music and sufficient for home theater. The mirage blends very well with my Dynaudio 42's and is not picky on placement. It really is a great sounding sub for music and ok for movies. I am now thinking that I would like to try a sub a little less musical that can still blend well with my Dyn's but also has gut wrenching bass. Part of my dillema, I will not be able to convince the wife to let me demo two subs.

Has anyone else listened to this sub critically and how would you rate it against HSU/Outlaw or SVS in the same price range. I paid $650 for the mirage it MSRP's for $1000. I have little experience with HSU/SVS. Only HSU I have heard was at CompUSA and it was a STF-2 in a poor environment. I have emailed SVS and HSU and they both suggested at minimum PB12-ISD or 25-31 Pci, STF3/VTF-3 for my room.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 192
I have never heard the Mirage. I do have a Hsu STF-3 in a 11x30x8 room. It's fantastic on both music and movies and I greatly recommend it. It's under-budget for you, so you miht want to try the VTF-3...

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 74
Thanks for the recommendation Peter. STF-3 is on my short list as well as the Outlaw LFM-1. Do you get much port noise out of your STF-3?

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 198
I can say I've ever noticed any port noise. It blows pretty hard, but I never noticed noise. I'd go and test that now but the kids are sleeping. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us