Yamaha 5760 vs Pioneer 1014

burnrub
Unregistered guest
can anyone tell me how the 1014 would compare to the 5760. from the specs, it looks like the yamaha has less distortion , so i'd assume it has a cleaner sound. but i also see that the 1014 is thx certified, whereas the 5760 is not. can anyone tell me which amp is the better value? thanks.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
true the yamaha does have a lower distortion than the pioneer , but the pioneer seems to have a better sounding amp than yamaha. Me personaly i am a true yamaha fan but i looked at the facts and i am going to get the pioneer 1014 for myself!!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 879
I compared the 1014 with V1400 and the 1014 had a slight edge over the Yamaha. The 5760 has no chance here. The distortion spec hasn't got much to do with cleaner sound.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 408
Another vote for the 1014

burnrub
Unregistered guest
call me a rookie, but i just played the 1014 and the 5760 in my living room and to me the 5760 sounded better. the 5760 was both more dynamic and louder. unless the 1014 has certain features the 5760 doesn't have, the pioneer is getting a return slip. i liked the pioneer a lot, but to me, the yamaha seemed to play both movies and music much more effectively.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 884
Is the US version of 1014 this:
http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/pioneer_vsx_1014.shtml
Because the huge difference in price ($380 vs ~$1000) makes me wonder if we're talking about the same device here?

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 177
The Pioneer VSX-1014TX is US$1000 in Germany?
Ouch... Yes, that's the same one, unless there are different versions of it for Europe. Onkyo does that a lot, often with weak power ratings in the Americas, higher in Europe and higher still in Asia. I've seen people buy them here based in Asian specs only to find out that the receiver won't drive their 4-ohm speakers (the Asian version could easily).

Peter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us