AVR 630 shuts down in 30 secs?! WHAT THE !#@$*

Bronze Member
Username: Lytalbayre

Post Number: 11
Ummm, I played it all day yesterday and last night.... nothing wrong.

This morning, I turn on the radio and in like 20 mins, the thing shuts down all by itself.

Then, I turn it on and in 5 mins it shuts down.

Now it just shuts down within 20 sec. after I turn it on?

Is it overheating? Is it a short? A setting I don't know about?

Advice please?

I have it in a open cabinet. My DVD play is on top of it. Leave about .25 to .5 inch space between the two. Could this be causing it to overheat?

Thanks all.

Mark

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 888
Disconnect all speakers and see if it still shuts down in time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
All the speakers disconnected and still experiencing this problem!!! Does anyone have any ideas. I'd really hate to have to send this thing back to harman kardon for a repair or exchange!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 890
No other choice. The problem is definitely with the receiver. There is no way you can fix it yourself.

Username: Blitzschnell

QubecCanada

Post Number: 3
The power supply of these unit seem to be very sensitive to the quality of the supplied power. I recall seeing the problem when my small electric oven was near its setpoint and was rapidly switching the heater on and off, which could have induced some RF noise on power line.
so, may be you have such a condition in your environment.

I've seen the problem with Avr-320 and Avr-330

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I have it hooked up to a monster power HTS 1000 which is supposed to condition the power... so I don't think that's an issue. Everything else seems to work.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 174
I have heard some HK shut downs occur within the first couple weeks of operation and then disappear. Call it a break in period.

My HK shut down automatically once within the first couple weeks and has not since then (six months)
later now. Another HK I had from several years ago did not ever shut down.

Maybe this will help.

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 45
"My DVD play is on top of it. Leave about .25 to .5 inch space between the two. Could this be causing it to overheat? "

OH HELL YA... That's the problem right there, I have the AVR430 and when first hooked up the only way was with my DVD player on top of it. The bottem of the player got hot enough to fry eggs on, this undoubtedly reflects back into the unit building up heat until it shuts down.

I moved mine immediately, I hope yours hasn't fried anything. Keep the top clear on a high current receiver or it can't breathe properly.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us