Hey Rick Barnes ..please help Spendor Speakers

Ramses
Unregistered guest
Hello Rick,

A little while back I remember that you were in the process of buying some Bookshelf "Spendor" speakers but I cannot remember the model nor I can find that thread. Would you mind please telling me what was that model number and in your opinion which receiver would best match with them? I am thinking NAD C--740 + NAD C --270.

This will be a set up for music only.

I will certainly appreciate it very much.

Cheers
Ramses

Bronze Member
Username: Dpriwin

Post Number: 20
Ramses, I have not listened to Spendor yet but the S3/5 SE has been mentioned in positive light several times. I e-mailed Spendor's USA distributor and they put me in touch with a dealer in Texas (where I live). The dealer's web site is www.gcaudio.com.

The owner, Galen Carol, corresponded with me via e-mail very quickly. Hope it helps.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Galen Carol is a good place to do business, they've been in business for a long time, have survived the onslaught of big boxes and seem genuinely concerned about having happy clients.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New York USA

Post Number: 565
Ramses,

I purchased the Spendor S3/5's. I have them paired with a vintage McIntosh integrated amp, for a 2 channel stereo system. This is the most satisfying system I have ever put together for music. I have owned and used NAD gear over the years, and could always recommend it. My advice is to go out and audition the Spendors with the NAD, and let your ears decide. Hope this helps.

Ramses
Unregistered guest
Thank you all for your help !

I will try to get in touch with Galen Carol (since I happen to live in the DFW area) and will check on Audiogon as well.

Still need to do more homework regarding the Amp ...oh well...that is the fun of this business isn't it ?

Thanks again !

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us