Clueless on receivers. Someone help!!!

Username: Jeff_atl

Post Number: 1
I have been shopping for a new receiver with surround sound. I have an old (and I mean old) rack system that has to go. I was told do NOT ever buy an all in one system (with cd/dvd, etc). So I'm looking for an affordable reciever with 6 speakers for a large living room. I looked at Onkyo HT-S670 (can't find reviews online) and the S760. ALso looked at a JVC, but I believe it was an all in one. Looking to keep this under $500. Do I go with a 5.1 or 6.1???Can anyone help me out here???

Jeff

Username: Steelydan

Post Number: 9
Does your $500 limit include a DVD player or do you already have one?

Post Number: 10
Here is an excellent deal at vanns.com that I picked up a little while ago... a little over your spending limit but not much...

Onkyo TX-SR502B
Onkyo SKS-HT240
6.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System

If Purchased Separately: $799.98
Total Savings: - $235.02
Your Bundle Price: $564.96 (free shipping)

I have found nothing but great reviews for each model included (do a search with google for each component listed above, you will see man links to reviews and recommendations). I hooked it up and it sound great for both music and movies.

Post Number: 2
I already have a JVC DVD player, so that price is for the receiver AND speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
see above

Post Number: 3
Thanks Scott. I looked at that one. I'd like it in silver, but they don't have it. I'll keep looking for it. Anyone else have suggestions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
your right, i guess they are out. I actually got the receiver in silver.. must have got the last one!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us