B&W Ds6...cc3..602s3 and Marantz sr4500

nine
Unregistered guest
sir..any comment regarding the b&ws dipole surround THx certified?? i know they're great for surround but i want to know some reviews/comments on the people here regarding this speaker..and also,it will much with the older cc3(center) and the 602s3..or ill just look for the lcr60? how would u compare the cc3 to lcr60..any big diffence??...and it will be powered by marantz sr4500..hope you could help me on this...any suggestions is very much appreciated sir and gurus...

nine9
Unregistered guest
need your opinion here regarding these setup...tnx

nine9
Unregistered guest
need some help here gurus.......hope i can get some info here to which i can decide..tnx in advance to all..

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 908
Uuh, what can I say. I would definitely get the LCR600 to go with 602. I dont know about the DS6, I believe they have a monopole/dipole switch but I cant remember how they sounded with each setting. I would get 602 mains, LCR600 center and 600 rears.

nine9
Unregistered guest
Sir Landroval, thank you very much for your input sir...now, these are my current setup,but im planning to upgrade my center,maybe,because I feel that its old only and not to be tonally balance for my fronts and surround....my surround,I think...I'll try not to upgrade it..im satisfied with it already especially when i've tried it to a much bigger room(my room now is just too small for my system,just around 12sqm..)i could say that,the bigger your room and the higher the model your system...this DS6 blends well with a much high-end-price system BNW model!!! especially when we have tried it to my freind nautilus series.. Sir landroval..your suggestions on getting the 600 for my surround is the first thing that ccame up to my mind if i'll upgrade or maybe just add it to my system.. abput the lcr600...i wish i can have it....im thinking if the lcr60 can give justice n get bigger difference to my current cc3....tnx sir for your insights..hope i can get more on these...thanks again

Silver Member

Post Number: 913
No problem sir, if you can take speakers home for audition, just do it. It's the easiest way to know what works best for you.

nine
Unregistered guest
ok..sir landroval..im looking for some shops here that can lend me their speakers.i hope i can find one. your insight about getting the much bigger center,the lcr600 instead of getting the lcr60...maybe it will become much fuller? and expecting not to hear thin sounding center....

Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 10
i got these 600 series speaker i just love them and i did feel the difference as mentioned in the centre channel so i had to get the bigger one extemely happy

Bronze Member
Username: Sulfur

Post Number: 53
LCR600 is much better than LCR60 IMHO. But it is quite bulky. I tested 60 for 2 wks & traded up for the 600 & am very happy with it.

Also consider using a single 601 as center. My brother did that & it is just as good as my LCR600, and much much cheaper.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
lol,i must say a little bit odd buy hey if it is effective and saves money go for it, as once you have 6.5 drivers all arround soundstage is smooth all over

Bronze Member
Username: Sulfur

Post Number: 56
The only downside is I think most dealers only sell the 601 in pairs.

However IMHO it is a great way to go if you're doing a 6.1 setup & not have to worry about shielding issues for CRT TV.

You can use a 601 pair as front & rear centers. How else are you gonna get a single 6th speaker in the 600 series for your rear center? :-)

nine
Unregistered guest
Thanks sir anthony n baldev!....i auditioned the lcr600 yesterday and the lcr60.the lcr600 produce more tight-deep mid to low(maybe because of much bigger driver)but when they ask me,where will i put it and whats the size of my room,the owner of the store HONESTLY told me that if im gonna put it(the lcr600) in a small room(my room is only 12sqm,hehe)the full potential of the lcr600 will not sound that of what i heard.He said that it is much better if i get the lcr60 only,because...it will sound great,much better in my room.

sir anthony,you said that getting a 601 for my center will do good as the lcr600? how about..it is shielded?yup, it sells here in pair also.Maybe i can used the other piece for my rear center to have 6.1 setup....you think that the soundstage will be smooth?...hmmmmm...im thinking of this one,because sir anthony...none of one can i ever get a single speaker in a 600 series for my rear center..hehe...tnx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
hey buddy you do not buy this for every year may be you will move out or something and you rarely crank up the music to full all i am saying is if money is not an issue then go for the bigger one for better sound and a little more power in reserve otherwise you are the best judge and you are paying the bill so go for it have a good one

Silver Member

Post Number: 926
Yes, If you have 602's as fronts, the best speaker for center will be another 602. If you cant do that the 601 could work quite well as well. The only problem is the lack magnetical shielding, but if it's a real problem, you can buy a couple 'anti-magnets' and shield it yourself.

With a LCR60/600 horizontal D'appolito speaker you will have comb-filter break-up problems because of the harmfull interference of the mid and low frequencies. This is a good reason to get a 602 or 601 for center.

nine
Unregistered guest
sir baldev,No I don't crank up the volume..hehe...I prefer more on the clarity/natural of sound.thats why im looking for a center that will much with my 602s3.hehe.Thanks sir for your insight on this.

sir landroval,yesterday i barrowed a lcr60 from a friend and i try it in my room/setup.And when i was testing it..I noticed that when i off the center speaker and select phantom.i noticed that the 602s3 handle the dialogue much better!(like I've said,my room is just 12sqm)it become more smooth and natural sounding..and fuller compared with a center(lcr60) on.The panning was also great.

Any views on this.Thanks in advance to all!

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 33
try the cc6.

Silver Member

Post Number: 929
nine,

Yes, that's what I'm talkin about. In a small room you dont necessarily need a center speaker if you watch movies alone. If there will be more people then a center will help. Also there is no way a LCR600/60/CC6/3 can be as good as another 602S3.

nine
Unregistered guest
Thanks Sir landroval!..Im have a feeling right now that..maybe I don't need a center(for now,in my room)..hehe.Sir,how about adding another pair of 602s3,what you've said.But I have Ds6 for my surround...You mean that,put it as my center and rear center??? Sorry sir,im confused on this thing...

Silver Member

Post Number: 930
For the front soundstage 3x602 will be your best option. Remember they're not magnetically shielded. Because they're often sold only in pairs, you can put the extra 602 as a rear center and use the DS6's as surrounds. Just like you said.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us