?Pioneer vsx-1014tx-k questions and reccomendations

Unregistered guest
I am thinking of getting a 1014tx, but there are no reviews on the net that I can find, so I have a couple of questions for someone who has one. I think all my questions could be answered by the owner manual, but it is not available online from Pioneer yet.

1. can the auto setup and equilization settings be changed manually, or are you stuck with what it comes up with? Does it display its results? Can you set it up manually if you want?

2. does the auto equilization function work on the whole frequency spectum, or just part of it? Have you any control over where it does its equalizing?

3. are there any provisions for using 4 ohm speakers, or any restrictions or warnings against using them?

4. the power is rated at 110x7 watts, but with how many channels driven simultaneously?

Thanks very much
RayC

Unregistered guest
Oops, also what do you think of this reciever??

Username: Rad_sci_guy

Post Number: 6
Hi Ray

I was able to download the manual for the 1014 at the pioneer website. On the right hand side you can click on a link to the manuals then put in 1014 in the manual search and it'll come up. I think you'll find most of the answers you are looking for there.

I'm trying to figure out if the 1014 can do audio delay to lip sync with digital video signals. I'm trying to choose between this receiver and the Yamaha 1400 which I know has this feature. If the Pioneer has it I'll probably be the reciever I choose. Anyone know if the Pioneer has this option? I haven't been able to locate it in the manual.

RayC
Unregistered guest
Hey rad sci guy
I went to the sight, choose manuals on the left side, and got a long list of Pioneer and Elite product manuals, but the 1014 was not among them, so I searched in the manual search box at the top of the page for "VSX-1014TX-K" several times and only got a blank page for all of that. Can you post the complete URL address of the page that has the 1014 manual access on it? Thanks!

Username: Rad_sci_guy

Post Number: 8
Hey Ray

Just tried to access the website and I got the same thing as you. It looks like they took the manual off of the page.

Username: Eddiefaz

Post Number: 5
The 1014 is listed on the Canadian website (pioneerelectronics.ca) but the link to the maunuals area appears to be down.

RayC
Unregistered guest
eddiefaz,
Thanks for the tip. I tried it but their server must be down. All I get when I click the manuals link is an error message. But at least it had a contact to report the problem. I will try again.

RayC
Unregistered guest
Pioneer notified me that the manual is not available as it is such a new product. Seems strange that it was available for a while, and then not.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 790
The European site has manuals for the 1014 and 2014i:
http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/support_manuals.jsp?category=support/manuals

TDK
Unregistered guest
I d/l the manual from Euro site and look like the 1014 doesn't have the lip sync delay which I want as well :-(((

Unregistered guest
I just bought a Pioneer 1014TX and the auto speaker set-up works great! You can also set up your speakers manually if you so desire. One problem I am having with is the optical in from my satellite receiver isn't working properly. Some channels have no sound at times and then if you go back to that same channel it will have sound. If I try to watch a movie in Dolby 5.1 though, the display flashes the Dolby sign rapidly and I get no sound. Not good, I've tried everything, switching inputs, cables etc. My old pioneer 607S locks onto 5.1 no problem.......this puppies going back!

TDK
Unregistered guest
I bought one today too :-) So far I use the auto setup and watch couple music video with it and I have to say I like it a lot!!!

What audio cable did you use? I had the same problem of audio dropping out when play DVD like you but when I switch to optical instead of coaxial then it's fine.

Unregistered guest
If you would read my post, I'm using optical.

ebo
Unregistered guest
can someone help have 1014 . When in play the radio i have no left sound BUT when i play dvd everything works.

ebo
Unregistered guest
Sorry for this but there is no seperate bass or treble or seperation!Just purshased this last week.think i'll send it back.The bad side of getting it of the internet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us