Kenwood 7070a "problem"

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 29
not really a problem, but a reciever that thinks its to smart

the reciever automaticaly detects what it should be at (pro logic, dts, etc etc) so if im watching a dvd, and skip chapters while its skipping its not "detecting" anything so it makes a click and kinda like shuts off, then clicks again when it detects the chapter, clicks again to put it back in DTS, all of which takes 3 seconds and is VERY annoying, anyone have this problem? any way around it? or is it a issue with my dvd player? its a toshiba 2800

Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 101
That doesn't seem right. It shouldn't do that. My AVR-525 does do strange things, but only when it detects a change in the Optical Digital input... that is if the streams CHANGES from say a Prologic (downmix) to Dolby Digital. It doesn't NOT do this from chapter to chapter on a DVD. It could be, also, that the DVD player is interrupting the bitstream when changing chapters. The only way to test... try another DVD player!

Username: Project6

Post Number: 113
i had that problem with an older toshiba dvd player...it turned out that it was having trouble flagging DTS...no problem with dolby but it was annoying so I returned it. Try a different DVD player, like geekboy says, it shouldn't change from chapter to chapter
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us