Do I need An Amp For Paradigm Studio 100 and CC-570 ...

DanielDanielDaniel
Unregistered guest
Hey Hey I need all the help i could get !!! I'm about to purchase an Amp ... i was wondering is 225W/Ch (anthem P2) enough for the Studio's 100...
Also, I was wondering, does the center (Paradigm Reference cc-570) needs a power Amp or a 105W/ch receiver is enough to drive them ...

The More answers an opinions i get, the bether ... Thanks All Of You !!!

DanielDanielDaniel
Unregistered guest
Could Anyone Help Me ... Please ???

Leo Laporte
Unregistered guest
I wish that I had some Paradigm Studio 100s..

sounds like a nice system idea. did you end up getting it?

Bronze Member
Username: Mad320

Upstate NY, NY USA

Post Number: 21
Yes the anthem amp will run your studio 100's. They run best with atleast a 200w amp. I bought a Carver TFM-35 because my receiver kept going into protect mode. As per the center channel I don't know.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 552
The receiver should be enough for the center - mostly speech from there.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 615
D3:

The Anthem amp has more than enough power to drive your Paradigm 100s--should make for a lovely two channel system. As for the receiver driving the center speaker, that gets a bit tricky. For one thing, what receiver do you have and how many channels will you expect to drive with it? The problem with most receivers is that they have badly undersized power supplies, so while they rate the power with only two channels driven, once you start driving three or more channels, some receivers simply lose it, even big name brands. For example, the Onkyo TX-SR901 is rated at 125 wpc, but when Sound & Vision tested it into five channels (like most HT systems, it clipped at 54 wpc! The Marantz 7200 was rated at 100 wpc, but clipped at 27 wpc into five channels, according to S&V. Also, since receivers are tested into a simple 8 ohm resistor (which presents the least stress to the output transistors or ICs and is very unlike a real world speaker load), the 105 watts you think your receiver has may, in fact, be far less when actually driving a real speaker. So, knowing what the receiver is and how many channels you intend to drive is critical to answering your question.

You might consider something like a three channel amp, such as the ones made by B & K (the 200.3), which will give you an honest 200 wpc across the three front channels, rather than the Anthem amp. Just a thought . . .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us