Hooking up XM to HK.

Username: Polaco

Post Number: 1
putting together a new system - I just purchased the HK 230 and am trying to hook up my XM radio to it. I was told that i should be able to plug it into the CD input on the back of the HK and it should be good to go. However, it plays only really faintly. I don't think it is the reception becuase my boom box that came with the XM radio works fine. My CD player works great with the CD input. I've tried plugged it into other inputs and nothing. Do I need to program or "assign" any inputs for my HK by using the main menu screen? I would really appreciate any help from you pros out there. thanks in advance

JonD
Unregistered guest
i have the small XM "roadie" unit. XM had some rebate deal where i got an indoor antenna and a stereo jack for free. don't know if they still have this deal. i would call them.

i agree, the XM plays very faintly. i'm assuming it's just that the output driver on the the Roadie unit is pretty weak. if your receiver has gain control for each input channel, you can boost it (somewhat artificially) there.

good luck. XM rocks, btw.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us