Optical input PC speakers

Username: Madmax_br5

New yorkl

Post Number: 1
I just got a powermac G5, which some of you know has optical audio out ports. I just moved into my dorn in college and I'm looking to buy some wall mountable speakers that I can hook up to the optical ports. So, can anyone suggest some speaker systems, 2.1 - 5.1, that provide optical inputs and are in the sub-$200 price range? Thanks a lot.

If there's nothing good there, I'm going to go with the logitech z-2200 or the z-680 system.

Thanks again, -Max

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 801
I dont think the Z-2200 has digital inputs, but the Creative MegaWorks 250D has a coaxial input which you can convert to optical, and it has slightly better sound. If you want 5.1 then the Z-680 is the best choice and it has an optical input already.

Username: Madmax_br5

New yorkl

Post Number: 2
The logitech z-2200 has a $50 rebate out now that lasts until the end of oct. Meaning, I can buy a pair for $110 and then get 50 back, making the final price $60. Would the creative speakers at more than twice this amount be justified in terms of sound quality?
Direct question: z-2200 for $60 or creatice 250-D for $140?

keep in mind the room size is about 10x18 FT so i just want some good sounding speakers that can fill the room and thump the walls a bit with the bass. The cheaper the better, but I am an audiophile at heart so sound quality is also important.

Thanks for all the help!
-Max
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us