Need speakers hor kenwood VR-615

Unregistered guest
Kenwood
Audio-Video surround reciever VR-615
Dolby digital DTS
Dolby pro-logic II
Subwoofer amp
100W x 6

I am assuming the standard little plastic speakers are crap in comparison to a good pair of towers.
I may be wrong, But to be honest I dont know alot about speakers... just that I need a decent sound setup...

Any help you guys can give would be great

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 267
Your budget? Are movies or musicality nore important?

Unregistered guest
well i would like to keep it under 500 if possible.
I am a movie guy but my wife is a music buff and will want something that doesnt make her music sound any worse than the generic speakers we have :-)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1700
Try the Athena ASF-2, the Kenwood should love driving those and they really go well together. A pair of these speakers usually go on sale for a good discount.

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
I agree with the Athena recommendation. I would also consider Wharfedale Diamond 8.3 or 8.4 and Tannoy Fusion 3 or 4. I actually own the Wharfedale Diamond 8.3s and Kenwood VR5700 receiver. They are a wonderful combination of musicality and home theater, I suggest you look up the reviews online in a google search and/or check out What Hi-Fi Magazine. This magazine gave them 5 of 5 stars. The Tannoy's can be purchased here www.outpost.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
I purchased two Diamond 8.3 fronts, Diamond center, and two Diamond 8.1 surrounds for a total price new $550 on Ebay. This listing is from the same company I got my 8.1s and center channel from, they are a factory authorized dealer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992%26item%3D5725295156 %26

or you can purchase these speakers from www.wildwestelectronics.com and www.yawaonline.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us