Pioneer VSX-1014 and Fluance Speakers?

Username: Eddiefaz

Post Number: 1
I am Looking at purchasing a Pioneer VSX-1014 receiver and am wondering about the Fluance SX-HTB speaker system. Anybody had any experience with these speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 765
They look very bad. You'll get the best result with 5 identical speakers, for ex PSB Alpha B/C or Monitor Audio Bronze-series. And a subwoofer would not hurt.

Username: Eddiefaz

Post Number: 2
Thanks, landroval. I am spending my current budget on the VSX-1014. So I am looking for an inexpensive set of speakers or maybe just a pair at this point. What do you think of the Mackie H624 speakers? I'm thinking of buying those first to replace my KEF C30s (which one of them is starting to act up after 15 years).

Silver Member

Post Number: 768
Those are active studio monitors, which in my opinion are not the nicest way to listen to music. They're probably very revealing, but also very bright.

I would look to ordinary passive hifi-speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 33
I believe the Fluance would be okay if it weren't for the fact that the center channel uses different drivers from the main speakers. You want them to match as closely as possible.

Silver Member

Post Number: 772
Yes indeed, but usually those speaker sets are also very low quality, they have nothing to do with hifi.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1608
The Fluance isn't bad at all and the construction is not low quality.
They are excellent budget speakers. I've purchased 2 sets as gifts and my nephews are loving it. We auditioned these sets at my home to see what they were all about because I'm not about to give away speakers that may tarnish "Uncle Bern's" name...that's what my nephews call me:-)
The construction was top notch and the finish is excellent. They stage quite impressively and sounds a little on the warm side but not dull, you can still pick out the sound of finger plucking on guitar strings quite nicely. The bass is a little muddy but should be remedied by a nice subwoofer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us