HK AVR 7300 or NAD T773, which is better ????

Bronze Member
Username: Dary

Sao Paulo Brazil

Post Number: 16
Hi,

I returned my NAD 773 due to subwoofer "bumping" when switching inputs. My supplier offered to replace it with the HK AVR 7300 or to wait 45 days to get the 773v2.
Speakers are KEF Q-7 and Q9c.

I'll appreciate your help!!!

Thanks in advance.
Dary

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
I own the NAD T773 receiver and the sound is great. No issue at all. One of the best sounding is the EARS mode, you will not be able to find it in any other receiver in this price range.

Why it will take 45 days, where are you at if I may ask?

Good luck, Daniel

Bronze Member

Sao Paulo Brazil

Post Number: 17
Daniel,

I agree with you: over the 3 months my 773 worked 100% I found EARS mode fantastic for stereo sources. But you see, I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and I'm not willing to replace another 773 if it fails. And looking at the AVR7300 manual there is a lot of interesting features. The problem is I don't know the most important thing: how the 7300 sounds!

BTW, what is your 773 serial number?

Thanks,
Dary

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Dary,

I am not sure I can I see the serial number - if its on the back side, I will not be able to see it as I have so many connections... though, I have my NAD receiver since Feb-04 with the first 1.26 software, and it sounds great. Even if you will try to connect SACD or DVD-A it sound even better.

I personaly don't like the H/K but its just me, other think that it is a good receiver.

Good luck, Daniel

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 760
I think the AVR7300 is amazing. I have not heard it, but it should be very similar to the older 5.1 model AVR7500. I would pick the T773 over the 7500, but with all the new features with 7300 I dont know. Cant you try them?

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 435
I have never listened to the HK 7300, but I did listen to its predecessor the 7200 and I liked it very much. It is a power monster. Both the NAD and HK are very good receivers...probably two of the absolute best out there right now at this price range. Both have a sort of no-frills design (which I like) and both have boat loads of power and a nice sound. That being the case, I think your choice will come down to personal preference. I prefer the sound of the NAD for its detail and openness. You really can't go wrong with either though.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 693
Since I know I could not stand to be without a good receiver for 45 days or maybe more I would take the H/K. It is a very good unit and like the 7200 a powerhouse. It should match well with your speakers. Like was said above you can't lose either way but can you be without for 45 days? I couldn't.

Bronze Member

Sao Paulo Brazil

Post Number: 18
First of all, thanks to everyone!

Landroval, I'll try to test the 7300. And yes, Elitefan, is difficult to stand for 45 days, but living in Brazil one gets used to it... :-(
Anyway, it is a difficult decision.

Thanks again,
Dary
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us