H/K AVR 630 or H/K DPR 2005?

Username: Gticehockey

Post Number: 7
I don't have a lot of experience with recievers so I'm sure witch one to get. The H/K 630 is 699 on sale and the H/K DPR 2005 is 999 on sale. I have decent infinity speakers, and I use my home theater for 60% music 50% movies. My first system was a home theater in the box type deal so i dont know a lot about higher up recievers. Is the DPR 2005 worth the extra 300? Any thoughts or comment? Thanks

endora
Unregistered guest
If the HK630 is at 699$, go for it, this is an extremely good price for an excellent receiver!

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 113
For the price I'd go for the DPR2005. The AVR630 is nice too, but the 2005 is probably the better bang for the buck.

Also, the 630 is being replaced with the 635 this fall and has some substantial upgrades added to it. It won't be $699. The DPR2005 on the other hand will be unchanged and HK is promoting these new digital amps (thus the great price).

Let us know if what you end up choosing.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 764
Depends what you want and how the 2005 sounds. If you can listen to both you really should do it. The best feature set is found on the AVR635, so it might be worth waiting for that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us