Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 95
Find it here:

http://www.avrev.com/equip/nadt773/index.html

Bronze Member
Username: Sound_advice

Post Number: 50
Just finished reading it, a wonderfull review

I will be purchasing a Nad t773 in approximately 2 weeks and I can't wait (other receivers that I was looking at were the Arcam 250, Rotel 1056)

Bronze Member
Username: Mitchbd

Post Number: 15
Just read it as well. As seen in recent posts here, I had trouble with my 763. It's on it way back, and that review just made the decision to upgrade to a 773 easier. Well done NAD.

Anonymous

Please read!

http://www.graskinhometheatre.bigstep.com/generic93.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Anon: that review has already been discussed in other threads -- actually first cited by myself. First, it is the T763 not the T773. Second, it is by an individual listens to three receivers in different situations with different speakers with no objective comparison. Third, there is no reason to give the individual any more credibility than anyone's opinion. I would not consider it a review by any of the magazines or web sites.

Anonymous

The sound of T763 & T773 are the same, they only differ in power and some features!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 804
Yes but that review is so full of loopholes. Also the results differ a lot from my personal experience and most other reviews I've read about those receivers. For ex Audio mag had a review with T743, AVR3805 and T773 in it. The 3805 was slightly better than the T743, but far behind the T773.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I agree with Jon and land... very poor reviewing technique.

And once again... "Anonymous" drops in with their two cents on how bad NAD is. Why is it these people who are against NAD are always anonymous??? Something to hide? ;)

Anonymous

I'm not against NAD. What I want to point out is you don't accept the review done by the individual and you higly praised the review done by the magazine. Take note that magazine makes advertisment for business and who are the people that conduct a review for the magazine? Do you know them personally? Are you there at the time of the review and you believed them a lot.In fact I like the british receivers a lot and I hate the japanese sound so I am not against NAD, I just want to be fair.Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
No problem. We just wanted to point out that the personal reviewer didn't use a standard set of parameters for all three tests... so results obviously would vary from scenario to scenario.

Anonymous

You are right but how do you know the mags used a standard parameters? Were you there? That individual only trust his ears and make a review based on what he heard so its up to you if you agree but don't say that his review is poor.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Anon: No one highly praised the magazine review. I just pointed out that the review finally existed. I am bothered by the fact that there are numerous reviews of Denon and Yamaha products but almost a year and a half have gone by without a single magazine review of the NAD Txx3 receivers. I cited the review you linked partly because I have the set up he listened to. I have the Martin Logan Montages and the T763. I can also tell you that I do not have the same impressions as Mr. Graskin. I do not believe that the sound is compressed or too bright. In fact, I find that it is very open and detailed. I hear details of music that I have never heard before. He does not relate the conditions he tested under. He does not check the specifications. He did not even listen to the 3 receivers with the same speakers. I don't know if his review is poor. It should just be pointed out that his methods are not methodical. His review is his opinion. I don't know that his opinion is more valuable than your opinion or my opinion since it has no objective element.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 230
to all....What Hi-Fi Magazine November 2004 issue has a review of the NAD 773, check it out

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
When it rains, it pours. Also a review in Stereophile AV Ultimate. The reviewer stated:

"In my big system, the T773 was surprisingly close to the performance of the Parasound Halo combo--amazingly, given that, at $1779 retail, the T773 is less than 25 percent of the cost of the Halo C 2 preamp-processor and A 51 power amp. The NAD had astounding dynmaics, with a huge bass drive, seductive midrange, and transparent treble. I was shocked at the quality of sound the T773 delivered with movies and music."

This reviewer used the T773 for two months mainly with NHT speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us