Looking for a Receiver to pair with Energy Conisseur 5's

Username: Pgp50395

Post Number: 1
Hey, I just got a set of Energy Conisseur 5 speakers, Fronts and Center, and I am looking to pair with a solid receiver in the $700/800 range, but I am willing to spend a little more. Right now, I am considering the following:

Onkyo TX-SR800 Factory Reconditioned
Denon 2805
Denon 3805
Pioneer Elite VSX-54tx or VSX-53tx
Harmon Kardon AVR-630 Factory Reconditioned

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1587
I like the Pioneer 54tx. Very solid.
The HK is also nice.
The Denon 3805 is an awesome receiver, but you have to listen to it for yourself to see if it is for you.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Benny, any other receivers you would recommend? The Good Guys is offering deals on Pioneer Elites just about every other week, so I will definitely look into prices. I like NAD's, but I am worried about potential problems. The 763 looks great on paper and I love the NAD sound. I just do not know if they will match well with the Energy's. I know they sound amazing with Paradigm's.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 170
Marantz would be good alternative as well. I think the Pioneer elites would work just as well.

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 104
I would take the Pioneer VSX-53tx of the ones listed. The HK has good sound, but the folding front and remote seems kind of weak. Like Berny said...the Denon 3805's sound and remote (flat black touch pad) seems to stike up debate. I would always audition as many as you can, side by side preferably.

IMO the reconditioned units would be at the bottom of my list. Also, a good subject for debate.

Post Number: 3
Sorry Berny, I apologize for misspelling your name. Again, I appreciate your advice and thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1588
The NAD is a great receiver and honestly, I don't know any among the people I personally know who own them having any issues.
The issues discussed in this or any other forum is not representative of the whole. If you really like the NAD, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't get it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us