OR A GOOD RECIEVER AND ADD AMPS LATER?

ROGER
Unregistered guest
I SHOULD OF ADDED THAT FOR NOW I ONLY HAVE TO
MAIN SPEAKERS SNELL XA60S-I PLAN ON ADDING SPEAKERS LATER

benhogg@bigpond.net.au
Unregistered guest
hey there roger,

i would reccommend getting a pre amp/power amp as even the best reciever has to make comprimises to fit everything in the same box.

A good Pre amp/ power amp combination is The NAD C162 preamp which sells for around $500-$600 and the NAD C272 power amp which sells for around $700

both these products come highly recommended

or you can go for something similar from other brands such as denon or marantz

All the best

Ben

Unregistered guest
What if we bumped the amount up a little to say the $4000 range? I am looking at the Z9 and the 59TXi, but would be happy to get advice on separates that would be great for 80% HT usage. (59AVi DVD already)

Username: Edison

Post Number: 269
Snells are good speakers deserving good electronics - I would get used at www.audiogon.com to get more quality.
Something like this would be good.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?ampstran&1079323432&class&3&4&

Username: Snakeyes

Post Number: 11
Get the outlaw audio pre/pro combo $1598 from outlawaudio.com i have been wanting to get them for some time now but i have to build my new room first. a friend of mine got them for christmas and they are great.

Username: Nathan

Post Number: 9
Dertman,

If you said total amount around $4000 range, then I would reccomment you go with NAD T163 and NAD T973. I just picked them up with Center speaker "Monitor Audio Silver" for $525 and some good cables around $300. Total up around $3925.00 for all.

NAD T163
NAD T973
Center speaker (Monitor Audio Silver)
4 Audioquest Diamondback 0.5M (Two cables in the box)

The NAD T163 and NAD T973 are 7.1, so would need 7 cables go from Pre-amp NAD T163 to Power-amp NAD T973

Hope this will help!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us