Receiver choice for $600, paired with JBL?

Bronze Member
Username: Rkvfire

Vancouver, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 37
hey there, i need a receiver, well actually my dad needs a receiver as just i just but my rotel. he's looking for one thats about 600 or so. This is in canada btw. he has a pair of JBL 310 norbridge series he baught about 1 year ago. his receiver is 10 years old.. its a sony. no pro logic no nuttn, just a stereo receiver. since JBL are bright speakers i think he should go with an onkyo, or denon, but i think those are outa his price range. any suggestions? thanx!

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 724
The JBL's would be better with H/K, Marantz or Pioneer. Paired to a Denon or Yamaha IMO would be like a cat screeching.

I don't what the pricing is like in Canada, but a Marantz Sr-5400 is very good value. Good power supplies and build quality.

Bronze Member
Username: Sulfur

Post Number: 46
Cdn MSRP is higher but street price is probably C$599 or less. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 165
I second that My Rantz..Nad would be nice as well if the budget would allow it. Pioneer just released the 1014 model which sells for $475 here in the U.S, this would be a nice combo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
hmm, theres really no place here that sell nad, or marantz, any other choices? what about the kenwood vr7080? any good? thanx guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Sulfur

Post Number: 47
Sure there are. In Van you can go to Commercial Electronics (both NAD/Marantz) or Sound Plus (NAD).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
im not in van, at the moment, im in alberta. any input on the kenwood vr7080? i think ill go for that pioneer vsx1014txx model they have, if the kenwoods no good.. thanks :-)

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 169
I have the Kenwood Sovereign VR 5700 which is quite nice, I picked on up for $480 on ecost.com. The Pioneer 1014 would be a great match as well. i have not heard the Kenwood you mention but i would stick to their Sovereign line if you go Kenwood.

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 105
I would stay away from Yamaha or Denon with the JBL northridge series.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
awesome k thanx guys, so denon and yamaha are done. so i should mention to my dad that the kenwoods are nice, and the new pioneer is nice. the new pioneer is around $850cdn. is that a good price for it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us