Harman AVR630 vs. Pioneer VSX1014TXK

Username: Lytalbayre

Post Number: 1
This is just a poll... which one and why?

Thanks all!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 851
AVR435/635. Both H/K sound quality and Pioneer features.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 731
Not a fair question. You can't compare a $1300 list receiver to a unit that list for half as much and can be had for much less. A more appropriate question is how does the H/K 630 compare to the Elite VSX-54 or 56. There it gets down to which ever you personally like and which fits your needs better as they both are warm, powerful units that have generally similar sonics. For me I have to buy the Elite because H/K like NAD and Rotel do not have enough inputs for my current system let alone future expansion. As much as I like all these brands I do not understand how NAD and H/K can include only 6 analog inputs on receivers in the $2000 price range. Just not sufficient for my needs.

Post Number: 2
Well, according to this thread

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/104117.html

the VSX1014TXK is virtually a twin of the VSX52.

So then, how does the harman avr630 compare to the Pioneer elite VSX52??

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 732
As I have said several times on this forum the 1014 is not "virtually" a twin or identical or however you want to describe it. The 1014 and the Elite models use totally different power supplies, DSP's, DAC's, and internal connectors. I know this from having owned both lines and from talking to Pioneer's tech director in California. For a receiver that can be bought for under $500 the 1014 is a very good one but cannot be compared to either the 630 or the 52. As to the comparison between those two I can only refer you to my above comments about which fits your needs better. Both are excellent.

Post Number: 3
Thanks! I have both of these receivers... I didn't test them because I want to sell whichever one I don't want as brand new.

Looks like I'm keeping the Harman.

Anyone want to buy a Pioneer VSX1014TXK for $375 plus shipping?

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 309
try audiogon.com to sell this unit, however I believe that they are selling new for $399 from etailers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us