Harman kardon FL 8385 good or bad?

Username: Gticehockey

Post Number: 2
Im putting together a home theater system and wanted to get a cd changer. I have a harman kardon 630 reciever and was looking at the HK FL 8385 cd player.Ive heard that its amazing from everyone when its works. Some people say they dont work right a lot of the time any oppoins?

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 610
Any electronics with moving parts are more likely to have problems than those that don't. I am sure single play cd players from the same manufacturer will always have a lower percentage of problems.

The above being said, the carousel format of cd changers has been around long enough that it should last a long time (as long as you are careful about loading discs). For a unit that lists for $299 and can be gotten for under $200, it is hard to complain about it under any circumstance.

If you like multiple disc players, I am sure it is as good as any at the price point. I might prefer a comparable Sony, but if you want matching components go with the HK. Any better specs a Sony might have would be inaudible anyway. The only audible difference will be in how quiet the machines are when they go to the next cd in the carousel. Not a big deal.

The cd technology has been around for so long that they are basically commodities.

As long as you like the remote and don't mind that it has a digital coaxial connection with no optical one--go for it. The coax will sound just as good--as long as your receiver has a coaxial digital connection---and I would be shocked if it didn't.

Bronze Member
Username: Andyj

Van Alstyne, TX United States

Post Number: 15
George,

I have had this model for several months and it works well- as Gregory noted. However, the first one ( a refurb @ $93) I received was trashed--it would not read mutiple CD's in the changer. It was replaced by H/K --all via email in a short time with no questions asked.

Username: Gticehockey

Post Number: 3
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Brijesh

BudapestHungary

Post Number: 14
Onkyo has come up a 6 CD changer ... Onkyo CD 360 ... excellent sound for a CD changer ... U might want to give it a try...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us