Home theater and High end connections

Username: Joesterman

Post Number: 1
I have a Yamaha rxv1400 home theater receiver with a pair of ATC SCM12 speakers for the fronts. This receiver is good for theater and ok for stereo, but I want to add a high end integrated amp like a Musical Fidelity, etc to the system ... so I can get better sound. How do I connect the Yamaha and the High-End Integrated to the SAME speakers simultanoeously? I guess want to avoid using the preamp in the high end unit. Is there a "pass thru" for the gain control...?

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1087
don't know if this helps.

but if you buy a 2 channel amp "not integrated"
you can come from the preamp outs of the yamaha
to the new amp to the front speakers.

then you can use the new amp and the front speakers
for 2 channel or surround.

Username: Joesterman

Post Number: 2
That is cool idea. I did not know I could rig just 2 of the multi channels. Maybe I could try that to start. Check this out. I have found a SimAudio Moon I-3 that has pass thru ports going direct to the amplifier on input 4. Gain is controlled by the preamp on the Yamaha for surround. The CD input on the I-3 will use the onboard Class A preamp directly thus avoiding the Yamaha alltogether for 2 channel music. NICE Feature ! I was hoping to do this same setup somehow with a Musical Fidelity A32.cr.

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1100
there is all kinds of things you can try with the
all the preamp ins/outs on todays new recievers.

just the 1 i suggested is the most straightforward.

but go ahead experiment away you might find something
that works realy well for you.

Unregistered guest
I have a yamaha rxv1400 which I use as my main source of music and movies. I have totem sttaf fronts with the totem dreamweaver surround system. I really want to hook up my turntable which is a thorens with din plugs (no din plugs on the yamaha), as well as my quad 303 and quad two channel amp. What is the best way to get the most bang bringing these components together, Old world and new. Please talk in simple terms as I am still novice:-)

thanks

gerald
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us