Multizone surround sound

Username: Kelvinintaiwan

TaichungTaiwan

Post Number: 1
Hi.. the house is getting built and before were done I was hoping to sort out this whole house AV thing....and the structured wiring.

Ok so I know some of you guys have been tinkering with the NAD T773 and the multizone surround sound. I see that maybe the new Denon Avr 5805 can do multizone 5.1... but also it looks like it costs a bomb.

I already have my Onkyo 501 for the livingroom, I was just wondering about other options so that I can enjoy surround sound in the bedroom and guest room without breaking the bank.
I have looked at solutions from Xantech but they are only stereo.
I live in Taiwan so I could just buy cheapo 5.1 processor amps for the other rooms or is there a tidier and realistic option that I might be missing?

Extra background info. All rooms have(will have) a computer with 6.1 (toslink out) and networked so I can share media resources, dvd player, dvd burner, and maybe integrate the tvro.

Are there any of you out there sleepless at night contemplating similar jobs at the moment?

Maybe we can put our heads together to make sure of a clean and tidy, ease of use multizone AV with surround sound system.

Cheers

Kelvin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us