Looking for speaker guidance - Putting HT system together

Username: Dliske

Post Number: 2
I am in the process of putting together a HT system together, and I am looking for some advice and/or guidance in speaker selection. I am going to be using some equipment from my old 2 channel stereo and incorporating it into a HT system. In the end, it will probably be 70-30, movie to music, with further upgrades occurring down the road. Currently, I have the following:

NAD Monitor Series 2600 amp (200w to drive fronts)
Kef 103/3 Reference Series speakers (4 ohm) for the fronts, KUBE will probably not be used.
Marantz SR 6400 AV receiver.
Niles 6" rear ceiling speakers
Boston Acoustics Micro 90c Center
Boston Acoustics Micro 90 PV Sub

The NAD amp and Kef speakers are holdovers from my original 2 channel system that I purchased in the late 80's. The Marantz receiver and the Niles speakers are new purchases, and the center and sub were given to me.

In the ideal world, I would have changed out the fronts and bought matching fronts and center, but the budget is not what I would like it to be. So, what you see above is my starting point.

My questions are these:

In the event that I wish to hold on to the KEF speakers (for the music), can anyone think of a center channel speaker that might match well with them? Because the system is going into a built-in piece, I am restricted to a center that has a height of 7", and a width of 18".

Or, in the event of a total changeout, does anyone have any suggestions for bookshelf speakers, and an accompanying center that could match well with the equipment that I have? I know I will have to listen to them, but if the list could be narrowed down, that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Username: Getfaizi

Karachi, Karachi Pakistan

Post Number: 2
can anyone plz tell me how to attach a bass speaker or a 3rd sepaker(sub woofer) to a two channel speaker amplifier.. i would like to know about the wiring that how could it be done and where to connect the 3rd bass speaker
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us