Klipsch Legend and HK AV325??

Username: Cowboy

Post Number: 1
I currently own a set of Klipsch Legend series and am looking for a new receiver. What do you think about pairing that up with an HK AVR325? Any comments or other suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Stu

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 45
Stu,

I think HK would be an excellent choice for Klipsch speakers. Klipsch speakers tend to be on the "bright" side, while the HK is definately warm sounding and would help mellow the speakers some.

Post Number: 2
I just ran accross the Marantz SR5300 for a good price too...

Is there any reason that one is better than the other?

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 47
HK is 7.1 while Marantz is 6.1. I think the rated power is a little higher on the Marantz, but HK is known to be very conservative on their power ratings. Both are relatively warm sounding and would go well with Klipsh, in my opinion. It just really comes down to what sounds good to you and which one offers the features/connections that you need.

Username: Gdawg

Post Number: 60
Stu,
The Elite line matches very well with Klipsch speakers, especially if you have big curtains in the room. I own an Elite 43TX and the Klipsch RF-7's and they sound awsome.(look in my profile)

G.DawG

Post Number: 3
First, unfortunately the Elites are out of my price range. Second, i now have a speaker question to top this off.

Like i said, currently have klipsch as mains. I also have some not so good sony cubes and center and a JBL 10" sub.

I found what seems to be a good price on Fosgate Audionics, and want to see what people think of them. The deal is for 2pr FA61.0, 1 FA62.0 (center), and Velodyne VX10 sub for 591.25.

I am going to see if the dealer is willing to drop off the sub...

How would these match with the HK AVR325? And would these be good to compliment my Klipsch (giving me 7.1)? Or better off replacing them (giving me 5.1)?

Or the final option...skip the deal because it isn't worth the dough to replace the setup i have right now, and just wait until i find the cash or deal that is right...whichever comes first.

Thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us