For a receiver that doesnt have....onkyo tx910

Username: Nugpot

Post Number: 3
im a newbie with regards to home and audio stuffs...pls guide me. i have an onkyo tx910 receiver, it only has wires for four speakers. i want to know how will it come out as center-front-rear effect or wont it? and for a subwoofer...can it be connected to it? it has no jack where you can plug one. i dont know if there is a gadget that you can hook up as an add on or what. thanks.

Username: Project6

Post Number: 117
sorry to say but, you need a surround sound processor to get the desired effect, you can not convert the TX910. It'a a stereo receiver and not built for surround sound. You can put more speakers to simulate a 5.1 surround sound but what you'd really get is a stereo with 5 speakers.

Post Number: 4
what do you mean surround sound processor? what is this receiver good for?

Post Number: 119
it is an excellent stereo receiver, if you like to listen to good stereo music with four speakers, it's perfect.
A surround sound processor/receiver is a component capable of recreating a surround environment much like in the theaters. It usually has 5 discrete channels, left, center, right, right surround, left surround and a subwoofer channel.
The receiver usually has markings on it, such as dolby surround, dolby digital surround, DTS. Visit your local electronics store to learn more.
cheers
cheers

Post Number: 5
hey thanks berny. so are you saying if i wanted to use this receiver as a home theater tool,i just need a surround sound processor? will this give me a pro logic surround sound? thanks a lot for your inputs.

Post Number: 6
and one more thing,i dont know if this in relation. but, i also have a koss surround sound amplifier that gives out only 18w of sound with the speakers. can i hook this to the onkyo and grab a little bit more of an output?

Post Number: 128
you can hook it up but it won't make much of a significance. You can only hook up the Koss by using the line output of the Onkyo. The output power of the Onkyo will remain the same.
cheers

Post Number: 129
john juan,
You would be better off buying a surround sound receiver and use the Onkyo as separate amplifier for the rear channels. Do you have a budget?
cheers

Post Number: 7
not as of the moment, but im looking at this Yamaha DSP-E300 Digital Sound Field Processor that i found on eBay. i dont know if this will work? does this have a subwoofer output? thanks

Post Number: 135
the DSP-e300 is not a surround sound processor and it will not work for the purpose that you want. Evne if it is, you will still need an amplifier that puts out and accepts 5.1 channels. I think it is best that you save up some cash for a new surround sound receiver.
cheers

Post Number: 136
i think the dsp-e300, is capable of dolby pro-logic, and you will still need a multi channel receiver, so don't waste your money on this one. it is a nice unit if you like all kinds of fancy simulated fields of sound. You probably won't use any of it as soon as you get a decent surround sound receiver.

Post Number: 8
hey thanks a lot for the reviews berny. keep up the good job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us