NHT Superone opinions

Username: Maximo

Post Number: 6
Its hard to get a good reply in here sometimes.
I posted this in another thread but I didn't get many good responses so I thought i would simplify it.

What do you guys think of NHT Superone's (the XU model in particular). I've never heard these but I've heard the Supertwo tower speakers and I thought they sounded really good. Can anything compete with speakers these within their price range and sound quality. I want something good for music but I also like the warm sound that you you get in a theater. I'm thinking about buying them with a phase power 12 sub.

Post Number: 7
After you tell me what you think of the Superones.

Tell me how they would sound with a Harman Kardon receiver (maybe avr325 or 525). Would NHT and harman kardon be a good match?

Anonymous

I haven't heard the SuperOnes, but I have auditioned the NHT SB-2's, which reach a bit lower and (in my opinion) look a bit nicer. They have quite a warm sound, but I found with certain recordings that they were overly sibilant. Others rave about these as well as the larger SB-3's. Your best bet is to find a dealer who will let you demo them in your own home. I eventually bought the JMLab Chorus 705's. You can read a review over at www.audioreview.com, and use ecoustics too if you like!

As regards the HK receiver, I also auditioned a lower end HK product, and found the sound to be pleasingly warm. If I'd bought a receiver instead of an integrated amp, I would have gone HK or Marantz -- I think they'd go well with NHT.

Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 18
Warm NHT speakers with a warm HK receiver? Doesn't sound like a good combo to me.

Post Number: 10
Unicron-wmd, that's actually what i've been thinking. Anyways, like i put in my other thread, I've decided to go with the Athena ASF-2, ASC1, ASB1 (AS-R1 if i can find them any where) speakers. Now I have to decide on a receiver to go with them. I've found the HK avr325 for $441 and avr525 for $575. Is there anything else in this price range that can compare with these two (avr325 and 525). maybe a NAD, Marantz or Outlaw?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us