OPPO Digital Ends Production, Support to be Phased Out
On April 2, 2018 OPPO Digital announced they will gradually stop manufacturing new products. The company says existing products will continue to be supported, warranties will still be valid, and both in-warranty and out-of-warranty repair services will continue to be available. In addition, firmware will continue to be maintained and updates released from time to time.
But make no mistake about it, this marks the end of the road for OPPO Digital after 14 years of making some of the best audio products and universal disc players in their class. The world has moved on, and despite their best efforts nobody is buying disc players anymore. Streaming now reigns supreme and consumers have no reason to buy an extra set-top box, when everything they need is either built into the TV or added on with an Amazon Fire TV Stick for as low as $30.
Frequently Asked Questions:
OPPO Digital has offered this FAQ to answer to questions that may arise from the announcement.
- How do I receive technical support for my OPPO product?Technical support will continue to be available. Please visit the product support page on the OPPO Digital web site for self-guided support, and use the following contact form to submit your customer service request.
- How do I set up in-warranty or out-of-warranty repair service for my OPPO product?Repair service will remain available for OPPO Digital products. Please use the following contact form to submit your repair service request.
- Will there still be firmware upgrades for my OPPO products?Yes, products will continue to receive firmware upgrades from time to time when new features or bug fixes warrant such an upgrade. Newer products such as the UDP-203 and UDP-205 will likely receive more frequent upgrades while mature products such as the BDP-103 and earlier models will only get firmware upgrades if there are critical fixes. If your player is connected to the Internet, you can check for firmware upgrades by going to the Setup Menu / Device Setup / Firmware Upgrade / Via Network. New firmware will also be posted on the support pages of the corresponding products.
- I purchased my OPPO product less than 30 days ago. Am I still able to return it for a refund?OPPO Digital continues to offer its 30-day Money Back Guarantee for products purchased directly from OPPO Digital within the last 30 days. If you would like to return your product for a refund, please use the following contact form to submit your refund request.
- I am still interested in OPPO’s products – how can I purchase one?OPPO Digital’s products can still be purchased through the OPPO Digital web site, OPPO Digital’s authorized resellers and OPPO Digital’s overseas distributors. As we gradually stop manufacturing new products, certain models may go out of stock and no longer be available sooner than other models.
- Will OPPO Digital develop and release future generation of products?From now on, OPPO Digital will focus our main effort on organizing and ensuring long term support for the existing generation of products. As such, we will not have the resources to develop and release new generations of products.