DISH says, “if it ain’t broke, fix it anyway” with the new...
TiVo Premiere HD DVR Review
There’s a reason why TiVo users are brand loyal. We take a peek at how the service pairs up with OTA programming.
(3.5 out of 4)
Breaking up with pay TV is hard to do. The TiVo Premiere can certainly ease some of that pain. While some may scoff at the monthly fees, you get a lot for your money — and it’s still certainly cheaper than any cable or satellite provider. Having those DVR features and the added web content makes the price and the bite of dropping full pay TV a lot easier to swallow.
Read full review @ Big Picture Big Sound
- TiVo interface is unmatched
- Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Pandora, and more added entertainment
- Hearty hard drive holds up to 75 hours of HD
- One-time lifetime subscription fee is available
- Slight lag during searches
- WiFi will cost you extra
- QWERTY-enhanced remote is extra
- $14.99 monthly fee may irritate those trying to avoid monthly fees