The Targus ACP71USZ Dual Video Docking Station not only gives you extra...
Targus USB 3.0 Dual Video Adapter Review
Powered by DisplayLink’s top-end silicon, the Targus USB 3.0 Dual Video Adapter is a great option for users looking to add multiple displays to a laptop or small form factor PC who require excellent performance and compatibility.
One of the quickest ways to boost productivity in the workplace is by adding more monitors to a workstation. It’s a simple enough task unless you’re cursed with a lack of available video ports–a plight all too common for laptops and smaller PCs. Today I’ll taking an in-depth look at a USB 3.0 answer to this problem, the SuperSpeed Dual Video Adapter from Targus. Showcasing DisplayLink’s latest DL-3000 series chip that’s bound to crop up in a number of USB-driven monitors, projectors and docking stations due out later this year, will this adapter prove itself worthy of anything more than boring 2D desktop work? Read on to find out.
Read full review @ Everything USB
- Superb video quality
- Impressive 3D compatibility
- Simple configuration through Windows
- Multiple interfaces supported out of the box
- 16-bit/48kHz HDMI audio support
- Supports monitor detection, EDID, HDCP
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Short USB cable
- DVI-I port is single-link only
- Dual VGA is unsupported
- Heavy stuttering in 24p video
- No digital interface for AC3 / DTS 5.1 passthrough