The Sony Xperia ZL has a few minor issues, but if you...
Sony PlayStation Vita (3G/Wi-Fi) Review
While not without its frustrations, the PS Vita emerges as a viable new gaming-and-more platform.
(3 out of 4)
Game On… and On
With nimble operation and an attractive, graphics-driven interface, the versatile PS Vita pulls together the high-quality gaming, movies, music and more that we should expect from a modern multimedia device. A clear emphasis has been put on the games, with performance and an early variety that doesn’t disappoint, but the movie/TV fare from a variety of studios and sources is a big selling point as well. The limited interactivity with my SCEA-branded media hub, the PS3, is undeniably frustrating however, as is the inability to view web video, so let’s hope that future firmware updates address these compromises to an otherwise impressive new platform.
Read full review @ Big Picture Big Sound
- Big, beautiful OLED screen
- Lots to play, lots to watch, lots to do
- A new generation of interactivity and interoperability
- 3G buy-in and usage adds cost, as does highly touted cross-platform play
- Backward compatibility quite buggy so far
- No Flash support, where have we heard that before…?