BenQ just announced a full HD 1080p 3D short-throw home theater projector...
Optoma HD33 3D DLP Projector Review
Looking for a big screen 3D-capable projector at home that doesn’t break the bank? Check out Optoma’s HD33.
(3.5 out of 4)
The Optoma HD33 is one of the few full HD 1080p 3D projectors on the market for less than $2,500 – it actually sells for under $1,500. Although the lack of lens shift and lack of extended zoom capabilities restrict its placement, you can work around this if you have the right room and suitable placement options. The HD33 is a solid performer in both 2D and 3D modes presenting a bright and detailed image with full 1080p resolution. The HD33 also represents excellent value for huge screen 3D home theater. Highly recommended.
Read full review @ Big Picture Big Sound
- Low price for a huge full HD 1080p 3D image
- Good picture quality in 2D and 3D modes
- Supports RF and DLP-Link glasses
- Inflexible mounting/placement options due to limited zoom range and no lens shift
- Not quite as strong a performer in 2D mode as some comparably priced options
- Slightly noisy