DISH says, “if it ain’t broke, fix it anyway” with the new...
Channel Master TV Review
Ready to pull the plug on pay TV? This device delivers DVR functionality, without the monthly fees… sort of.
(2.5 out of 4)
If it’s free, it’s for me!
It’s hard to argue with free. In some cases with the Channel Master TV, you get what you pay for. It does provide some of the essential parts of cable or satellite TV service, without any monthly costs. However, it doesn’t deliver all of the OTA channels that it should. Also, to get the full guide and enhanced DVR features, you will need to cough up $49.99 per year, which drops the value score down a bit. If you cut the cord on pay TV, it may seem insane to consider spending $399 on this box. However, it’s an investment — and a fairly sound one, at that. If you’re venturing out into the world of OTA programming and can’t live without your DVR, this box is a no-brainer.
Read full review @ Big Picture Big Sound
- DVR capabilities without a monthly fee
- Access to VUDU streaming, VUDU 3D, and other apps
- Built-in WiFi networking
- Free channel guide
- 320GB of storage
- Tuner doesn’t deliver as many channels as it should
- Gets insanely hot, insanely fast
- Slightly delayed channel surfing
- Enhanced guide option will set you back $49.99/year