Over the last ten years, iPod docks have become ubiquitous, with offerings...
Bowers and Wilkins CM8 Floorstanding Speaker System Review
(4.5 out of 5)
(4 out of 5)
B&W is certainly a well-known name in audio, with a reputation for excellent engineering and superb built quality earned from decades of top-level accomplishment. Our review focuses on their new CM8 three-way floorstanding speaker. The B&W CM8s earned my ultimate respect for sounding quite excellent within their stated design claims. My listening tests revealed them to be a clean, honest reproducer of sound providing a fully satisfying listening experience. B&W’s reputation brings with it a commensurately high level of expectation for all their products, and I am happy to report the CM8’s live up to expectations. Living with the speakers day in and day out for an extended time revealed many hoped-for and expected strengths and a few surprises. Speakers are impossible to predict “by the numbers,” and this B&W is no exception. But….it is every bit a worthy addition to their lore.
Read full review @ Audioholics
- Smooth, natural sound from a compact floorstander
- Can play very loud without audibly objectionable distortion
- Exceptionally silky high frequencies
- Slightly nasal character to midrange
- Foam plugs to “seal” port do not improve sound
- “Satin White” finish looks like counter-top Formica